As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
For an assignment as a development worker we are looking for the location Bohicon in Benin for a
Development worker (m/f) as an advisor to the national federation of rice producers' organizations in developing a Business Model
Field of activity
The program ‘Green innovation centers for the agriculture and food sector’ (ProCIVA) is being implemented by GIZ as part of the special initiative “One World – No Hunger” launched by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). It aims to assist selected countries in raising incomes and production in a sustainable way and improve marketing and processing along the entire agricultural value chain. In Benin, the program is mainly promoting small and medium-sized farming enterprises within the selected value chain rice, poultry and soya. The “Conseil de Concertation des Riziculteurs du Bénin” (CCR-B), the national federation of rice producers' organizations in Benin, plays a strategic key role in this context. CCR-B represents a large network of member organizations in the rice value chain and is one of the main partners of the GIZ project in Benin. Furthermore, the federation took the lead in founding a sector association for the rice sector (production, processing and marketing/distribution) in Benin. Generally spoken, the rice sector in Benin is poorly organized. There is a lack of good marketing strategies for local rice and its processed products. The main objective is to strengthen the local production to improve its quality, price and availability to fit international standards.
- Vocational / university qualifications in business administration, business linkages (management and communication), organizational development, marketing, agriculture
- At least two years of relevant professional experience
- Special skills in rice production might be advantageous
- Expertise in the field of organizational development and development of marketing strategies
- A high level of intercultural communication and consulting skills
- Readiness to integrate an intercultural, interdisciplinary context
- A good command of written and spoken French
For more information please visit: http://j.mp/GIZ27238